The 2018 Academy Awards are approaching very quickly and this has to be one of the strongest fields I've ever seen. So much variety and talent will be at this years show and I cannot wait for the verdict that the academy will give. Last year's winner, Moonlight, was a very well deserved Best Picture winner. The story, acting, directing were all on point to give one of the most real movies I've ever seen. Another movie that reminded me of that Best Picture winner and could have a shot at the crown is Call Me By Your Name. A beautiful coming of age story that highlights an undeniable connection two people have. While in my opinion this movie is a well deserved winner, there are plenty of "movie politics" that go around and it is unlikely that Call Me By Your Name will win since a similar movie won last year. In my eyes the Best Picture race is between Get Out, Lady Bird, and Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri. Get Out for its political statements, brilliant screenplay, and masterful directing. Lady Bird for the grounded story that everyone can relate to in some aspect. Then Three Billboards for the unique dialogue, unforgettable characters, and coming off of the Golden Globes with the Best Drama win. The Best Picture race is always a fun race to be a part of and on March 4th the final verdict will be given. I cannot wait to see what stars shine brightest that night.
-J
No comments:
Post a Comment